Impactful Communication & Public Speaking skills
Still no participant
Still no reviews
WHY these skills?It is observed that people with good communication and public speaking skills are most likely to become successful in their professional careers and have happier personal lives. They can become outstanding individuals, effective employees, managers and leaders. They often receive appreciation from their colleagues and superiors and mostly likely to receive positive responses to their requests than those who have poor communication and public speaking skills. There is also evidence that in the professional working environment, people with good communication and public skills have more chances to get promotion to higher positions and get higher pay for their job quicker than those with poor communication and public speaking skills regardless of their educational background. Global research also reveals that 85% of people’s satisfaction comes from their good relationship with others which is the result of having good communication.
Therefore, effective communication and public speaking are considered as important elements for the success of the overall operations of an organization of all kinds. As pointed out by the former CEO of Chyrsler, Le Lacocca who said, “You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your idea won’t get you anywhere.” Moreover, in this globalized world of the 21st century, things are moving with greater speed and technology has grown exponentially. Therefore, public speaking has very high chances to come in forms of tech-savvy presentation which requires significant skill upgrade with high-tech tools and well-thought designs that enhance your messages and bring your communication to the next level. That’s why this course brings you the state of the art tools, platforms and unique support system to help you maximize your potential beyond the 2 days course by providing 2 months mentoring and online learning supports.
Having employees with the right expertise, talents and skills are the greatest bonus and assets for an organization. The employers will realize greater pleasure and satisfaction as well as higher productivity if the relationship among colleagues and more importantly with partners, stakeholders, donors or customers that the employees are interacting with on daily basis is conducted in an effective, efficient and professional manner. One of the main factors that largely contribute to this result is equipping the employees with professional communication, public speaking and presentation skills.
This impactful communication, public Speaking and presentation training guarantees improved communication skills together with positive attitude, interpersonal skills and the energy for the employees to perform their best in this area. Once people have learned the essence of communication, public speaking and presentation skills and apply them to their best abilities, they can achieve desired results and reach their highest potentials.
Course Outline:Introduction to Essential Communication
- Elements of communication and its cycle
- How to conduct effective one-on-one meeting or discussion
- Know what can negatively impact oral communication and how to overcome them
- Interactive and conversational communication
Effective listening skills
- The power of listening
- How to be a great listener
Interpersonal Skills and Non-Verbal Communication
- Appropriate and inappropriate non-verbal communication
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Appropriate and inappropriate connection and relationship
- Emotional intelligence
Captivating Public Speaking skills
- Key elements to effective public speaking
- How to create energy as speaker and for the audiences
- How to captivate audiences’ attention
- How to develop the right message for the right audiences
- How to build confidence, overcome nervousness and engage audiences
- How to deal with unexpected interruption during presentation
- How to develop effective materials for presentation
- Technological tools to take the presentation to the next level
- Collaborations tools for offline and online presentation
- Design techniques to enhance the brand image and the clarity of the message
- How to lead rather be led by the PowerPoint
- How to deliver effective presentation that captivate audiences’ attention
Hands-on practice: Independence and group work
- Learn to analyse world’s best and most influential speeches
- Practice using tools, preparing and delivering speeches/presentation
- Personalized feedbacks and customized plan for improvement
Training Method:Diverse methodologies are used during the training including highly interactive and participative presentation, role-play and practices in class and assignment to do at home. After the 2 days training, mentoring and online learning supports are provided to develop and enhance your communication, public speaking and presentation skills better by tapping into the wider world of resources and the spirit of lifelong learning.
Training OutcomesAfter having attended this special training, the participants will be able to:
- Know the tips and best practices for effective public speaking and presentation.
- Know how to prepare the right messages for the right audiences.
- Know how to prepare appropriate materials for effective presentation
- Know how to energize the audiences and captivate their attention.
- Know how to build confidence when making public speeches or presentations
- Improve interaction, communication and productivity within organizations during both formal and informal settings
- Improve self-confidence and the use of productive thinking techniques to respond to challenges
- Obtain variety of tools, tech tips and technique to prepare a well-designed and well delivered presentation
- Attain practical experiences working in independently and in a team to prepare and deliver effective speech and presentation
Trainers’ Background & CredentialMr. Preap Kol is an Ambassador for Peace of the Universal Peace Federation. He is passionate about building leaders and help people achieve their full potentials in both professional careers and for personal happiness. He followed his passion and once became a teacher of English at he age of 13. Throughout his 20 year of professional careers, he has managed to train, educate and mentor tens of thousands of people from all spectrums of society. A naturally good communicator plus over 30 year of real-life experience, on the job training and practices in over 20 countries, Mr. Kol has been known to have achieved outstanding career progressions and made noticeable impacts through his interventions.
Over the past 20 years, he has worked for various prestigious international organizations including as an Executive Director of Transparency International Cambodia, Regional Coordinator for the UNCAC Coalition (Asia Pacific), Consultant for UNDP, Advisor to the World Bank, Senior Program Manager at a US based democratic institute and European Union, etc.
Mr. Kol has earned a Postgraduate Degree from University of the Pasque Country on International Election Observations and Electoral Assistance; a Master’s degree in Political Science; a Diploma in English from the Australian Centre for Education; a Certificate from The Global Leadership Centre of OHIO University, USA; a Professional Certificate in International Anti-Corruption from the International Centre for Parliamentary Studies, United Kingdom; and Governance and Social Accountability Certificate from Ateneo School of Government, The Philippines. Mr Kol was a certified trainer of the Oxford Centre for Leadership, UK specialising in Communications.
Ms. Nara Sokhema is a university lecturer and founder of Green Hub. She has won 21 scholarships/awards/competitions and been to 49 countries in 5 continents. She holds a master degree from the university of Manchester, under the prestige support from the UK Chevening Scholarship. Previously, she has worked for international institutions including Transparency International Cambodia, Teach For Cambodia, UNDP, UNCAC Coalition and more. Sokhema is passionate about training, education, youth leadership empowerment, volunteerism, development, as well as travelling and learning from the world.
In additional to the top-down approach to development, she has always been a believer of the power of volunteerism and committed citizens/young leaders. She started volunteering since she was 15 years old and later was awarded as a Young Ambassador for Volunteerism. The first social project changed her life forever and has inspired her to contribute most of her time towards initiating/leading community projects and building more young capable and ethical leaders. Since 2007, she has successfully led over 10 projects, conducted training/spoken at 20+ national & international events with up to 700 audiences, supported 50+ youth initiatives (public workshop, training, project, radio show, campaign, competitions/challenges...etc), helped the team to raise 50,000 USD to fund social projects and reached out to 10,000+ youths across South East Asia, via several institutions such as South-East Asian Leadership Network (SEALNet), UN Women, Fulbright & Undergraduate State Alumni Association of Cambodia (FUSAAC), Young South East Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI), Eurasmus Mundus Association, Kindling Trust in the UK and more. Recently, she has been selected to speak at one of the world’s biggest events, the World Expo, currently hosted in Kazakhstan.
Training, Mentoring & Online Support ScheduleThe training is conducted for 2 days.
- Saturday 13/01/2018: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Sunday 14/01/2018: 8:30am – 4:00pm
The mentoring and online learning supports are from 14 January – 14 March 2018.
Venue: Eden Park Restaurant (#3, Str. 486, Phsar Doeum Tkov, Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
Languages: The training is conducted mainly in Khmer language, in combination with English (The supported materials and online platform are in English).
Day 1: Saturday 13/01/2018 (8:30am - 5:00pm)
08:30am : Check-in and seating
09:00am : Welcome and introduction
09:20am : Effective Listening Skills
09:50am : Essential communication and Interpersonal skills
10:20am : Coffee Break
11:20am : Cross-cultural communication
12:00pm : Lunch Break
01:30pm : Effective public speaking skills
03:00pm : Presentation (design) tools and techniques
04:00pm : Hands-on practice, preparation and teamwork (Coffee break while working)
05:00pm : Day closed
Day 2: Sunday 14/01/2018 (8:30am - 4:00 pm)
08:30am : Public speaking practice by participants and feedbacks (1)
10:00am : Coffee break
10:20am : Public speaking practice by participants and feedbacks (2)
12:00pm : Lunch break
01:30am : Viewing and analysing well-known speeches
02:30pm : Open discussion & Coffee break
03:20pm : Briefing on mentoring framework & online learning platform
04:00pm : Evaluation & Closing
* We reserve the rights to adjust the schedule under necessary circumstances.
Training FeeTraining fee: $170 per person (The last registration’s deadline is by 08/01/2018)
Early registration by 29/12/2017: 10% discount.
Group registration (3 people and above): 15% discount
The training fee includes:
- 2 full days of training (including training materials, 2 lunches and 4 refreshments)
- 2 months of mentoring and online learning supports
Contact & RegistrationFor more information about the training course or further discussion:
Tel: (+855) 085 402 905/ 096 5479 805
Price : 170 $
Max Availability : 20